I wonder what t says that "love" has 15 replies and "hate" has 160?! Just saying is all.
Anyway, in no particular order here goes -
1. Moonlight Motel, Gun Club.
2. Domino, The Cramps.
3. Stay Free, The Clash.
4. Fear of the Dark, The Meteors.
5. Holiday in Cambodia, Dead Kennedys.
6. The Mercy Seat, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds.
7. Fever, Link Wray.
8. Strummerville, Stiff Little Fingers.
9. RIP, Alien Sex Fiend.
10.Plan 9 Channel 7, The Damned.
If you'd asked earlier it would have ten different ones. Ask later and it'll be ten more. Some great tracks on other lists though...Now 10 songs I HATE. So much shite so little time...
rock'n'roll girl - the beat
fashion victim - reatards
switchin in the kitchen - pretty boy
i want you back - jackson five
frothing at the mouth - carbonas
let's dance on - monkees
you belong to me - duprees
i wanna die (but not right now) - hubble bubble
can't stand the midwest - dow jones and the industrials
wiggle it around - brian's dirty business
Looks like it's been awhile since anyone posted on this discussion but I'm gonna get in anyway.
Gun Street Girl-TOM WAITS
Cherry Bomb-THE RUNAWAYS
On My Way To The Cage-ROLLINS BAND
Born With A Tail-SUPERSUCKERS
Indian Eyes-UNIFORM CHOICE
Bad Kids-THE BLACK LIPS
Chick Habit-APRIL MARCH
The Damned - One Way Love
Motorhead - Killed by Death
Alien Sex Fiend - Dead and Buried
The Cramps - Voodoo Idol
Tom Waits - Goin' Out West
The Meteors - Go Buddy Go
Dramarama - Anything, Anything
The Sisters of Mercy - Detonation Boulevard
The Cult - Love Removal Machine
Dead Kennedys - Buzzbomb
I just got that "Satan Is Real " CD , recently...It is'nt easy to find. I saw Charlie Louvin twice , before his recent demise. Seemed like a REALLY good old guy. He said he was trying to figure whether to do "On Top of Old Smokey" or "Knoxville Girl". I begged him "KNOXVILLE GIRL ! PLEASE , KNOXVILLE GIRL !" , and he did it.....The second time I saw him , he did it , without any coercion. Plus , he told the story behind the song , how it dates back to a 16TH Century (?) English ballad....ABOUT BLUDGEONING YOUR TRUE LOVE AND THROWING HER IN THE RIVER !!! This stuff did'nt start with Alice Cooper , y'know.
When I put together a play list these days, ten songs that seem to have a habit of showing up (and in no particular order) would be:
1. She's the One ~ Ramones
2. The Way I Walk ~ Cramps (off the Nazibilly Werwoelfen Record... You know... the version where Lux says "The Cramps are like no other band, and that's because...")
3. Scream ~ Ralph Nielson
4. Stronger than Dirt ~ Mummies
5. El Entierro de los Gatos ~ Los Saicos (I also love Demolicion and & the Wau Y Los Arrrghs!! cover of it)
6. She's a Bad Motorcycle ~ Trashwomen
7. Destination Venus ~ Man or Astro Man version
8. Monkey's Paw ~ Thee Headcoats
9. My Daddy Is a Vampire ~ Meteors
10. Ungaga Unga Unga ~ Los Infraseres (I think I got if off of MySpace a few years ago)
Random 10 songs I enjoy:
"Blue Moon" - Elvis
"Jetboy" - New York Dolls
"You Tore Me Down" - Flamin' Groovies
"Free Money" - Patti Smith
"These Days" - Nico
"Eton Rifles" - The Jam
"Warrior In Woolworths" - X-Ray Spex
"Bastards of Young" - The Replacements
"Bad Reputation" - Joan Jett
"A Pillar of Salt" - the Thermals