tomorrow... well that's just some other time... Peace
My 3 favourites, not in a specific order are (at this moment...)
- The Ramones at some festival in Belgium in around 1992 I think. Joey got in a fight with some asshole who threw a beer at him. He jumped into the audience en won!
- The False Prophets in the Melkweg in Amsterdam. It was a really weird, but also great show!
- The Mummies in Patronaat Haarlem. It was an unbelievebly good show! They rocked their asses of and played the roof off!
Ask me tomorow and I'll come up with a completely differend list... (maybe with Monstermagnet, the Kift, Mudhoney, Nirvana, NoMeansNo...)
The Prisoners-100 Club eerrrrrr....early/mid 80's? (seem to remember one of the other band's were The Magic Roundabout)
The Playn Jayn-Psalter Lane/Sheffield eerrrrrr......... warm up for The Fleshtones.
The Ya Ya's-Faces/Sheffield early 80's.
loved reading all these.
1. Iggy Pop in 2001. a small venue, too! Iggy commanded the energy in the entire place like Ive never seen before, he was like 54 years old or something...so animalistic and wild
2. Bad Brains in 2009, a truly out of this world experience, even though it was at a big festival. H.R. was in a trance and chanting things into the mic.He wore a white suit with a chest protector or a bullet proof vest or something.
3. Ian MacKaye, 2005 at this donations-only diy warehouse. Amy Farina played drums and Ian played electric guitar. He joked with us and talked, reminding us to appreciate the friendly diy scene we have in Jax,FL. I swear when they were done, everybody got in a single-file line to take turns shaking Ian's hand and having their own short chat with Ian. He talked with everyone of us, if not for a few seconds. I've never seen anything like that.
Rocket From The Crypt at the Little Steve Underground Garage Halloween Show in NYC 2006(?)
The Demolition Doll Rods, Hot Snakes and Dan Sartain in 2005(?)
The Murder City Devils on the "In Name and Blood" tour